Researcher – Agricultural Economics
If you have a PhD in Agricultural Economics, Economics or equivalent and three years’ post-doctoral experience, you may be the person IWMI is looking for to fill the post of Researcher – Agricultural Economics.
As a researcher you will initiate, develop, lead and carry out research projects and sustain partnerships within IWMI’s strategic plan and Theme priorities, specifically in relation to agricultural economics.
As well as a PhD and postdoctoral experience, you will possess:
- knowledge of the agricultural sector in Southern Africa, particularly on the role of water and water investments in agricultural growth or an ability to apply related knowledge to the water sector
- a record of peer-reviewed publications
- ork experience in developing countries
- familiarity with the concepts and tools required to undertake economic analysis
- proficiency in quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- an excellent command of both oral and written English
- the ability to undertake field and policy analysis.
To find out more, including how to apply, please visit the IWMI website.