- Please see our capacity strengthening resources section for information about programmes and initiatives to strengthen the capacity of individuals, organisations and the research environment in general - searchable by region or by country.
Research Capacity Strengthening Group
The Research Capacity Strengthening Group consists of 13 UK stakeholders engaged in research, innovation and higher education capacity strengthening in developing countries.
Through the group, stakeholders can share information, improve coordination and collaboration and learn from each other's experiences.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- British Academy
- British Council
- International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP)
- Research Councils UK
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- Royal Society
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Wellcome Trust
For more information please contact Ian Thornton, UKCDS Deputy Director.
Learned societies have a number of capacity building activities, that aim to support scientists in developing countries through activities such as research grants, fellowships, travel funds and mentoring.
You can read more about learned society capacity strengthening here.