Food 2030: UK Government food strategyPublished January 2010
Sets out the UK Government's visions for a sustainable and secure food system including:
- Consumers are informed, can choose and afford healthy, sustainable food.
- Food is produced, processed, and distributed, to feed a growing global population in ways which:
- use global natural resources sustainably,
- enable the continuing provision of the benefits and services a healthy natural environment provides, promote high standards of animal health and welfare,
- protect food safety,
- make a significant contribution to rural communities, and
- allow us to show global leadership on food sustainability.
- Food security is ensured through strong UK agriculture and food sectors and international trade links with EU and global partners, which support developing economies.
- The UK has a low carbon food system which is efficient with resources – any waste is reused, recycled or used for energy generation.
- Download Food 2030 (PDF 1.77MB)