Disasters Research Group – Terms of Reference
The UKCDS Secretariat convenes a Disasters Research Group (DRG), which brings together UK research funders and experts linked to international initiatives. The DRG has been regularly convened since 2009 to promote coordination, networking and collaboration opportunities at the UK and international level.
Through bringing people together, the DRG aims to:
- share information on UK funding activities and encourage collaboration between its members and others, where appropriate;
- provide funders, research providers and users with readily available and relevant information on research gaps and foci;
- develop and recommend processes to facilitate and sustain research uptake across multiple user communities;
- provide funders, research providers and users with readily accessible and relevant knowledge resources and tools for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR); and
- influence the international research and innovation agenda for DRR.
More information on the DRG is available in the Terms of Reference.
On 14 - 18 March, the ...11 March 2015
UKCDS, working with ICSU, UNESCO, and UNISDR, has completed a mapping of the international needs...14 November 2014
Horizon 2020 is the European Commission's flagship pan-Europe research and innovation funding...15 June 2015